Hello! Just a quick summary post here to show you my second pair of trousers! I started off with my modified Clover pattern (more detail on my muslins/fitting process and my first pair here) and went for slightly wider legs which I just traced off a pair of RTW work trousers.
#memademay2016 made me remember that I had an almost-finished, unblogged, Aster blouse sitting in my sewing pile. So I dragged it out this morning, gave it a press, tidied up the sleeve head seams and sewed on the last few buttons.
*Happy dance, happy dance* … I made a pair of trousers! So, a while ago I posted about making up a few muslins for a pair of Colette Clover trousers – I’m British, sorry, I can’t call them pants – and how I got to a fit that I was happy with. I have always struggled to find trousers[…]
If you read my post on my stashbusting plans for this year then you might remember this little beauty: .. which I wanted to use for either a basic cami or a boxy top for layering for work. Well, I decided to make the Colette Patterns Laurel top out of it and I’m really glad I did!
The main reason I have taken up sewing is a deep-seated (pardon the pun) desire to have clothes actually fit me. And trousers are at the top of the list! Before I started sewing, I would have said trousers don’t fit me because my hips are proportionally bigger than my waist, so by the time[…]
I’ve been in a frenzy of sewing-related shopping activity since I decided to start sewing a couple of months ago. I’ve bought patterns, tools, books, online courses, and fabric.. Lots of fabric. I’m hooked!