Due to the ongoing impact of measures relating to the coronavirus pandemic and Brexit, sales of my PDF sewing patterns have temporarily been suspended. Please check back for further updates (or sign up to the newsletter). I look forward to reopening my virtual shop in the coming months, with some exciting new additions – watch this space!
Martha Blouse PDF pattern
The Martha blouse is an easy shell top with striking contrast details, perfect for warmer weather but equally suited to layering under a jacket or cardigan. Martha is a versatile all-rounder for your wardrobe:
- The neckline is bound with bias tape – choose whether to go for an invisible ‘faced’ binding or use the same contrast bias for the neckline as for the central strip.
- Omit the contrast strip for a great basic shell top!
- Make the contrast strip and neck binding from the main blouse fabric for an elegant, subtle detail on a plain blouse.
** This product is a PDF printable sewing pattern and not the physical garment shown.**
Out of stock
- A loose-fitting sleeveless blouse with contrast strip and a centre back fastening with hook and eye.
- Bias bound armscyes and neckline
- Centre back neckline opening, fastened with hook and eye
Fabric & notions
I’d recommend drapey fabrics such as crepe, rayon/viscose, silks, and soft cottons/linens.
- Bias binding for the neckline and armscyes (approx 1.5m and with a folded width of approximately ½” – ¾”).
- If you want to make a contrast neckline instead (as shown on our sample), your tape for the neckline should be 1” wide (when single-folded, so 2” wide when unfolded).
- A small hook and eye set for the neckline closure (or you could sew a thread chain and button if you prefer).
- Main fabric: 0.75 m (all sizes)
- Contrast strip fabric: 4cm x 60cm (all sizes)
* This pattern is from the Pearson and Pope pattern collection (previously a separate brand under pearsonandpope.com) and has not yet been rebranded to ‘Michelle Sews’ or updated with the newer Michelle Sews size range. Please see below for measurement details. *
Finished garment measurements
The pattern testers said…
“I LOVE it! The fit coudn’t be better on me. It was also so easy and quick to sew. I had a new top in a little over an hour!”
“I love the loose shaping of this blouse. It is perfect for hot Florida summers when I don’t want to wear something really oversized, but also don’t want anything sticking to me in the heat.”
“It’s a great wardrobe basic and modification possibilities are plentiful.”
Martha on Instagram