Catherine Blouse PDF pattern
The Catherine blouse is an elegant and versatile take on the classic tie blouse. Its detachable tie can be worn tied in a number of ways, or not at all, and as a sleeveless blouse it is great both for layering and in warmer weather. ** This product is a PDF printable sewing pattern and not the physical garment shown.**
- Sleeveless, collared blouse
- Bias bound armscyes and neckline
- Separate tie
- Centre back neckline opening, fastened with hook and eye
Fabric & notions
I’d recommend a medium/blouse weight crepe, soft cotton, linen, rayon, viscose, silk and other drapey fabrics.
- Bias binding for the neckline and armscyes (approx 1.5m and with a folded width of approximately ½” – ¾”).
- A small hook and eye set for the neckline closure (or you could sew a thread chain and button if you prefer).
- Main fabric: 1.25 m (all sizes)
- Lightweight fusible interfacing (0.5m) – optional, depending on your fabric choice and how firm you want your collar to look. Omit the interfacing for a softer collar look.
* This pattern is from the Pearson and Pope pattern collection (previously a separate brand under pearsonandpope.com) and has not yet been rebranded to ‘Michelle Sews’ or updated with the newer Michelle Sews size range. Please see below for measurement details. *
Finished garment measurements
The pattern testers said…
“Beautiful. Nice idea with the collar, and great fit!”
“I even got the collar right ;)”
“The fit throughout the body is perfect! It is very flattering while not being too tight. For me this is the perfect amount of ease in a blouse like that.”
“I LOVE THE TIE!”
“Fit wise it’s perfect – I love my blouses to fit fairly closely, but not too tight, obviously. I’m very happy.”
Catherine on Instagram…