Due to the ongoing impact of measures relating to the coronavirus pandemic and Brexit, sales of my PDF sewing patterns have temporarily been suspended. Please check back for further updates (or sign up to the newsletter). I look forward to reopening my virtual shop in the coming months, with some exciting new additions – watch this space!
Catherine Blouse PDF pattern
The Catherine blouse is an elegant and versatile take on the classic tie blouse. Its detachable tie can be worn tied in a number of ways, or not at all, and as a sleeveless blouse it is great both for layering and in warmer weather. ** This product is a PDF printable sewing pattern and not the physical garment shown.**
Out of stock
- Sleeveless, collared blouse
- Bias bound armscyes and neckline
- Separate tie
- Centre back neckline opening, fastened with hook and eye
Fabric & notions
I’d recommend a medium/blouse weight crepe, soft cotton, linen, rayon, viscose, silk and other drapey fabrics.
- Bias binding for the neckline and armscyes (approx 1.5m and with a folded width of approximately ½” – ¾”).
- A small hook and eye set for the neckline closure (or you could sew a thread chain and button if you prefer).
- Main fabric: 1.25 m (all sizes)
- Lightweight fusible interfacing (0.5m) – optional, depending on your fabric choice and how firm you want your collar to look. Omit the interfacing for a softer collar look.
* This pattern is from the Pearson and Pope pattern collection (previously a separate brand under pearsonandpope.com) and has not yet been rebranded to ‘Michelle Sews’ or updated with the newer Michelle Sews size range. Please see below for measurement details. *
Finished garment measurements
The pattern testers said…
“Beautiful. Nice idea with the collar, and great fit!”
“I even got the collar right ;)”
“The fit throughout the body is perfect! It is very flattering while not being too tight. For me this is the perfect amount of ease in a blouse like that.”
“I LOVE THE TIE!”
“Fit wise it’s perfect – I love my blouses to fit fairly closely, but not too tight, obviously. I’m very happy.”
Catherine on Instagram…