Due to the ongoing impact of measures relating to the coronavirus pandemic and Brexit, sales of my PDF sewing patterns have temporarily been suspended. Please check back for further updates (or sign up to the newsletter). I look forward to reopening my virtual shop in the coming months, with some exciting new additions – watch this space!
ANNIE SKIRT PDF PATTERN
The Annie skirt is a flattering skirt with plenty of movement – full enough to be feminine without being too much for the office. Make it up in crepe, or heavier wools, in anything from classic black or navy to a range of colours, florals and prints. ** This product is a PDF printable sewing pattern and not the physical garment shown.**
Out of stock
- A straight waistband sitting at the natural waist, bias bound inner waistband, a zip shield, in-seam pockets and a bias faced hem.
- View A is based on a classic half circle skirt. View B is based on a two-thirds circle skirt giving you even more fullness whilst still being office appropriate.
Fabric and Notions
I recommend medium/skirt weight crepe, wool, satin and similar fabrics, as well as cottons/linens – avoid strong one-way or directional prints though.
Note: Your fabric should be at least 60” wide due to the size of the skirt pattern pieces.
- Bias binding for the inside waistband (the length of the finished garment waist, plus 4”)
- Bias binding for the hem (4-5m)
- Skirt bar and hook, or button, for the waistband
- 8”-9″ concealed zip
Tip: If your main fabric is light-coloured, consider using a skin-toned fabric for the pockets instead of the main fabric, so they don’t show through the skirt as much against your skin. If your fabric is thick/heavy, you can use lining or a lighter weight fabric for the pockets. 0.5m should be plenty!
- Main fabric: 1.6m (View A) and 1.8m (View B) – all sizes
- Fusible interfacing: 0.25m
* This pattern is from the Pearson and Pope pattern collection (previously a separate brand under pearsonandpope.com) and has not yet been rebranded to ‘Michelle Sews’ or updated with the newer Michelle Sews size range. Please see below for measurement details. *
Use these measurements to select your pattern size. For this pattern, choose the closest size based on your waist measurement.
Our instructions guide you through grading between sizes and making a couple of basic flat pattern adjustments to help you get a good fit.
Finished Garment Measurements
|Waist (“)||24 1/2||26 1/2||28 1/2||30 1/2||32 1/2||34 1/2||36 1/2|
Reviews & Comments
Our testers said:
“Very lovely detailed pattern with the concealed zip and the bias binding”
“I love it. The fit. The details. The accuracy of the pattern. Very good work!”
“Very good structure of the steps and very detailed explanations.”
“What a fab pattern! Easy to put together and fits great.”