I recently had the pleasure of having a few days off work, with nothing planned other than to relax and unwind while the kids were at school. “Relax and unwind” naturally translates to “frantically plow through all my ‘life admin’ so I can get on with sewing all the things”, and I wasted the first day flitting about between plans to sew about twenty different projects.
Unable to commit to a project, I decided to head to my local fabric store for inspiration. I was remarkably restrained, and bought three cuts of suiting (along with matching lining and zips). One of the fabrics I picked up immediately reminded me of some windowpane checked culottes I’d seen on Pinterest recently. Those culottes were made from a gorgeous grey and black windowpane, but I felt like this navy, burgundy and white check would work just as well.
This month I made Simplicity 8749 trousers for another Minerva Crafts Blogger Network* (“MCBN”) post. You can read about the project and the beautiful fabric on the MCBN website here, and I thought I’d give you a bit more detail here about my approach to fitting the trousers in this post.
For this month’s Minerva Crafts Bloggers’ Network post, I finally got around to making another Sew Over It Pussy Bow Blouse, and it reminded me how much I liked this pattern the first time around! I paired it with a pair of trousers made using Vogue v9189, a reprint of a vintage (circa 1960!) Vogue pattern.
So, a couple of weeks ago I was happily and innocently flicking through my Instagram feed when I saw a really lovely pair of trousers posted by @rocco.sienna. Monika had made them from a gorgeous pink linen-look crepe and the pattern was the Sorell Trousers by Pauline Alice patterns. I think I had downloaded the pdf within about thirty seconds of seeing Monika’s pink trousers – and I knew just what fabric to use.
Before long, I had a great pair of work trousers to show for my efforts!
Hello! Just a quick summary post here to show you my second pair of trousers! I started off with my modified Clover pattern (more detail on my muslins/fitting process and my first pair here) and went for slightly wider legs which I just traced off a pair of RTW work trousers.