The Pietra Pants pattern grabbed my interest as soon as it was released. The slim legged version shown on the pattern cover immediately made me think of a certain pair of high-waisted trousers from Zara that was all the rage a year or two ago. I loved the slim lines, central seam, and those deep[…]
I recently had the pleasure of having a few days off work, with nothing planned other than to relax and unwind while the kids were at school. “Relax and unwind” naturally translates to “frantically plow through all my ‘life admin’ so I can get on with sewing all the things”, and I wasted the first[…]
I realised I hadn’t blogged my Winslow Culottes, despite having made two pairs now and considering both of them absolute staples for holidays/sunshine. So here goes!
So, a couple of weeks ago I was happily and innocently flicking through my Instagram feed when I saw a really lovely pair of trousers posted by @rocco.sienna. Monika had made them from a gorgeous pink linen-look crepe and the pattern was the Sorell Trousers by Pauline Alice patterns. I think I had downloaded the pdf within about thirty[…]
As soon as I saw this pattern, I knew I had to make the trousers. I really loved the clean lines and rounded pegged shape to the legs – and how amazing does Mimi’s white version look? In this linen version I’ve slightly cropped the trousers and – forgive me – I haven’t got quite[…]
This month I made Simplicity 8749 trousers for another Minerva Crafts Blogger Network* (“MCBN”) post. You can read about the project and the beautiful fabric on the MCBN website here, and I thought I’d give you a bit more detail here about my approach to fitting the trousers in this post.
For this month’s Minerva Crafts Bloggers’ Network post, I finally got around to making another Sew Over It Pussy Bow Blouse, and it reminded me how much I liked this pattern the first time around! I paired it with a pair of trousers made using Vogue v9189, a reprint of a vintage (circa 1960!) Vogue pattern.
Hello! Just a quick summary post here to show you my second pair of trousers! I started off with my modified Clover pattern (more detail on my muslins/fitting process and my first pair here) and went for slightly wider legs which I just traced off a pair of RTW work trousers.